First off, I actually had time to sit and talk with my adviser today, that was nice. But we found something disturbing... I have the student handbook and catalog for 2008-2009 and a few days ago I went through and looked at all the classes that are required, options and looked interesting and threw together a little outline of when then are offered. Turns out the catalog is WRONG! For about 1/2 of the geophysics classes they have the wrong times that they are offered, so I have my classes for next semester, but beyond that is a question mark.
Looks like I will be taking
Tectonic Geodesy
Intermediate Seismology
and Introduction to Complex Analysis (Math)
Another thing we talked about is my committee. I have my adviser, seismologist, was thinking about Jeff who is also in my office and who is very familiar with the GPS data set in the area I am going to be working and I was thinking about getting s structural geologist just to have a geology perspective on the interpretations from my seismic data to make sure it makes sense. And I am thinking I should have another seismologist too, so I have someone else I can go ask for help when my adviser isn't there.
I think I am going to mess with the other data set on my computer and try to get somethings plotted so I can move onto something else soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment