Monday, November 3, 2008

Seminar classes are awesome

why seminar classes are awesome:
"The expanding earth theory was a real theory before plate tectonics, and then plate tectonics came along and all that is left is crackpots who believe it. "

"Yeah if you want an entertaining afternoon look up the expanding earth theory online"

3 comments:

BrianR said...

see an ongoing discussion with some subduction denialists, especially one called 'Anaconda' here.

btw, just found your blog ... look forward to reading more

Anna said...

Thanks! So far I am enjoying writing it!

I just love how un-professional and candid people can be in small seminar classes!

Silver Fox said...

Seminars are great for the camaraderie and for presenting and listening to ideas informally. I thought they were some of the best classes I took (even though we had to present something once a semester or year - don't remember which).

And - Yikes, Brian - introducing our new blogger to 'A...' so early!