A few things:
- Seismology: Working on the paper, and it should be done kind of soon. I have a stack of papers to read to flush out the info I have for the paper. Its good to be looking more at the shear wave splitting because the next step is to get into my masters thesis data.
- Conversations: In talking with one of my committee members something interesting came up. It was the fact that in my petrography class there was a lot of focus on understanding what was happening, the physics of birefringence, and other properties. However because this is a difficult concept, this understanding came at the price of being good at IDing minerals without lots of charts in thin section. In the end because I am using the same concepts with shear wave splitting this was beneficial to me, but I can't help but think that someone else in that class who is going into petrology would have gotten less out of this class, and be at a disadvantage. Not sure there is an answer to this, but.... its interesting to think about the results of how classes are taught and what is stressed.
- I went to the AVO meeting today, and it was interesting as usual.
- I turned in my paperwork for my committee today, and according to the office lady I am #3! Go me!
No comments:
Post a Comment