This is not geology related but it is college related as seeing as I am a student, it is within the subject of this blog. My feelings toward facebook are starting to mirror my feelings toward myspace... and I am starting to feelold. “Back in my day when facebook was FREAKIN AWESOME…..” is something I have found myself saying….
Okay there are some updates I have liked…
1) like photos (yeah I’ve been around that long…)
2) How you know people
3) the highlighting updated parts of profiles
4) the very simple news feed, that you could choose what was on it…
What did I LOVE that they got rid of?
1) only college students
2) a very clean interface, un cluttered and very easy to navigate
3) no applications that send you annoying messages
4) a facebook standard way to add your classes and look up who was in them
5) Was aimed at college students! And the organization of them for studying and hanging out.
now its starting to be cluttered and unorganized and hard to find things, and all in all starting to remind me more and more of myspace, and is becoming that evil that I use to keep track of people.... I HATE the applications, they add to much shit to peoples profiles… I don’t like the new layout and didn’t like the last one they rolled out either. I was so pissed about the targeted advertising I removed by gender from the site to stop getting only dieting adds, they bug me.
I did a quick search for college centric social networking sites, and found one but it was more party based. Can there be a "new everyone" facebook and an "old" facebook that is still just for college students? nope. Never going to happen, and my bitching isn’t going to do anything.
Its funny but facebook might just be what breaks my addiction to facebook.
2 comments:
Have you tried http://utas.academia.edu ? I don't know if it will serve the needs you list, but it is, by definition, a place for only people in academia. I mostly use it as a place to keep a copy of my CV and summary of research interests to point people to if I'm contacting them cold about a potential research job with them...
sweet I'll check it out for sure!
Thanks!
Post a Comment