Sunday, November 7, 2010

avoiding the discussion

Writing my thesis... I have hit a road block. The I'm-still-not-100%-about-what-we-want-to-say-about-the-data-and-my-advisor-has-been-out-of-town-for-2-weeks-and-I-am-out-of-ideas road block.

Everything else is going well. Just this one little (ok the most important) chapter. Tables are made figures are in, references... Ok I'm still working on that one... but yeah. The dreaded thesis. Its kind of burnt me out on writing in general.

I am super excited for my conference this year though, I want to discuss my results and "interpretations" as they stand with my colleagues before I write the paper for publication.

Then it is on to graduation and a big fat question mark. I am trying to be ok with the "?" but... in general I don't like unknowns.

Oh and the fact that 1 alarm clock out of 2 reset itself, and so did my computer but not my oven or wall clock is messing with me. I should fix that.

I swear the life of a grad student is just so full of adventure! :)

No comments: