I think I have put my finger on it! During a normal day during the week during the semester everyone is in the office, the goof off grad students, the super driven grad students the people you think wait aren't you done yet? why are you still here!? Everyone. On a day off you know everyone who is there is there to work. Also there are not classes or deadlines for the day so on the whole the atmosphere has more a relaxed-busy feel to it! Plus there are less distractions, since everyone is there to work. I know I am guilty of getting bored of whatever I am working on and wandering the halls to find someone to talk to... in an effort to pass the time before I can go home at 5.... on days off? I can leave whenever I feel like and not feel guilty I don't HAVE to be here, so I like to be here. I don't feel guilty about blogging at work because I am on my own time.
Its all about attitude really. I am here because I want to be not because I have to be so I am less stressed and get more done.
And that ladies and gentlemen is why on a week with 3 snow/ice/rain (the weather was strange this week) days and 2 days off for thanksgiving I was here Monday-Wednesday took Thursday off to eat and will be here Friday-Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment