First of all, all my field work thus far has been by foot, truck, car, and ATV. This was my first helicopter field work. That alone was beyond exciting! Originally there were 2 days scheduled for the install but a weather day was called for Friday so we ended up with 1 day. We installed an infrasound array with a collocated seismic station. In one day we installed 4 infrasound sensors, a seismometer, power, and communication.
Our site was N of Pu'u O'o and what you really want is the photos right?
Well here you are!
Me in the helicopter
view of Halema'uma'u
what the site looked like, shelly pahoehoe and jungle
Gear drop
What a view!
(MORE PHOTOS COMING AS I GET THEM UPLOADED)


3 comments:
Wow, Anna...what a great experience. I have been watching Pu'u O'o for years via webcam. I can only imagine how cool it would be to fly in via helicopter...need someone to carry your bags, next time?
Aloha from Hamakua,
Cymber Lily Quinn
I've flown past the old central vents of the Tweed Volcano (Mount Warning) in Australia by helicopter... but that last erupted at 23Ma... I'd love to fly to an active volcano in a helicopter. Way Cool! Sounds like you do interesting research too.
hy anna...
nice to meet your blog...
I am from Indonesia, Country of thousand magma... :D, i am still study geology...
i hope we can share about geology...
visit my blog geoball.blogspot.com
Post a Comment