Saturday, October 29, 2011

amazingly funny geology themed song!

This song is amazing

Here are the lyrics!
Baby, wake up. Yeah, I'm sorry, I know it's the middle of the night, It's just sometimes at night I wonder, And I wake up in a state of fright.

Honey, I really need to ask you, Even though it's three o'clock, I need to know, yes, I need to know Your favorite type of rock.

Is it igneous, you know, the kind that forms from cooled magma Including granite, pumice, obsidian, And light, airy scoria?

Or baby, is it something different? Please, Lord, tell me that's not the case, 'Cause if you've chosen sedimentary, I can't look you in the face.

All that rock salt, sandstone, shale, and clay, It may seem exciting now, But those rocks got so many layers, If you try and count 'em you won't know how

Limestone, greywacke, calcareous mudstone, Flint, and orthoquartzite, Sure pledge your loyalty and affection, But tell me: are they here for you tonight?

If it's metamorphic, well, then I'm not sure just how I feel. Marble is classy and quite elegant, I understand all the hearts it steals.

Coal, gneiss, schist and hälleflinta, and slate may seem perfect for you, But with such inconsistent histories, You never know what they'll change into.

Baby, I'm sorry. You should go right back to sleep. Whichever rock you choose, we'll work through it. My heart is yours to keep.

But darling, you'd better have an answer by no later than lunchtime tomorrow, 'Cause I am curious And not very patient.

No comments: